Flood Relief Grant
If you or your business has been adversely affected by the recent floods, you may be eligible for the Flood Relief Grant.
Each bank has their own grants available for personal and business accounts. Go check out your bank's website to see what they have to offer.
Westpac Business Flood Relief Grant
A fund of $3 million has been made available by Westpac NZ for customers affected by the damage caused by Cyclone Gabrielle and the recent North Island flooding.
Cash grants of $2,500 available to customers that are small trading businesses which are based in a region that has declared a state of emergency since Friday 27th January. So far this includes:
- Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Tairāwhiti, Hawke's Bay and Tararua
- Have their main business account with Westpac NZ
- Have less than $2 million turnover per year from their combined businesses
- Have experienced damage or business interruption resulting in a loss exceeding $2,500
- Be relied on as a main source of income by their owner.
Westpac customers who meet the small business grant criteria may be eligible for a $2,500 cash grant to help with urgent expenses or repairs.
Eligible customers will have until the Business Flood Relief Grant fund is fully allocated or 5pm Friday 24 March 2023 to apply, whichever is earlier. So, I wouldn’t delay in applying.
Terms and conditions for the grant can be found here: Westpac Business Flood Relief Grants Terms & Conditions - Westpac NZ
Applications can be made here: Westpac Business Flood Relief Grants - Westpac NZ